Liebster-Blog-Award Joy!

Yippee!! Yesterday was such an exciting day for me, as Adapting Creatively was awarded the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks so much Jennifer for this wonderful honor!


What is the Liebster Blog Award, some of you ask? I'll admit, I had to look it up myself. You see, life at our house has been more eventful lately than I prefer, and there hasn't been time to hang out on blogs much in the past little while.


It turns out the award recognizes small blogs (under 200 subscribers) who are admired and nominated by other bloggers in the same "small blog" boat. I really like that idea...

I'm thrilled that Jennifer thought highly enough of our little online home here to nominate it. Thank you so much!

If you haven't checked out Jennifer's blog, Mrs. Virdell's Blog, you'll be in for a treat. She teaches a transition program for young adults (ages 18+). It sounds like a wonderful place to learn... I'm excited to follow her class and her thinking, especially since those years are just around the corner at our house.



Here are the rules of the Liebster Blog Award:
  1. Show you appreciate the blogger who nominated you with a thank you shout out! (check)
  2. Nominate 5 other blogs, who have 200 followers or less, by leaving them a comment (this I am excited to do! The hard part is that many of the ones I love have a bazillion followers and wouldn't be eligible)
  3. Post the award on your blog (check)
  4. Keep up with the blogs you've given the award to...you never know when they are going to hit the blog world, big time! (I'm sharing 5 blogs I wouldn't miss...even when life gets a bit, er, hectic)

Check out these truly awesome blogs...

Adaptions4Kidz 
Junior's mom is one of the most creative, innovative parents on the Internet. I would love to meet her someday! This lady will amaze you with her creative solutions that allow her son to play and learn and enjoy life. I always leave her blog feeling encouraged to go forth and adapt!

The Simple Life
Kimberly blogs about how her Christian faith impacts her parenting, particularly that of her daughter with special needs. She is honest and upbeat and makes me think. And laugh. Her words about her daughter have endeared her to me. She's the sort of kid I would love to have in my class.

You start with a tube...
This blog is a must-read for folks with g-tubes, whether their own or their children's. Eric is all about blending healthy food for that alternative route to the stomach, the g-tube. I love his incredible sense of humor...oh my! He'll leave you doubled over with laughter or pondering some important issue. You never know what gems you might take away from his each of his posts.


Mito Life Window
Clara-Leigh is the mom to three great kids and a delightful story teller, I must say! She has been an encouraging supporter of my blog, and that inspired me to hop over to her blog awhile back and learn about her wonderful children. Two of her kids deal with mitochondrial issues, so I am learning from her. After all, pending tests may show that we have more in common than just blogging...possibly (probably?) mitochondrial issues as well.

bungalow gals studio
Okay, so this one is actually a crafting blog, but it's very clever and Patti is, well, so amazing! She and I are actual, real-life, share-a-cup-of-coffee friends, not just names that connect on the Internet (although that is how we originally met). Patti is an amazing mom to a daughter with challenges very much like my girl's. She is brilliant in so, so many things. What inspires me about her blog is that she has wisely found a refuge that is not related to disabilities. How incredibly healthy is that? Whenever I read her bungalow gals blog, I am reminded that the world is bigger than special needs...

Enjoy your reading! Please congratulate these nominees for there excellent blogs and tell 'em Rose-Marie sent you.

1 comment:

KDL said...

Thanks again for the shout out, Rose-Marie - I'll try to post this on my next digest and that way give out five cool links and fulfill the rules at the same time. Simple. That's me.