|thanks to Lunchbox Photography for use of the darling photo|
I am so grateful to all the friends who have come alongside me in this journey over the year. You are a terrific group of people! Your presence here is a true gift to me.
I like to imagine you all sitting at small tables together in one giant room, each bringing a unique perspective and interest. Some are parents or grandparents, some are teachers, some are therapists, and some have disabilities of your own. Yet you all get along so well and have MUCH to talk about, because you are deeply committed to making the world a better place for people challenged with disability. Thank you for that.
As you sit with your virtual slice of Oreo Cookie cake (simply divine yet oh-so-simple to make...you must try the recipe), please enjoy some links to places you’ll love.
Parenting kids with special needs:
· Love that Max (Ellen’s thoughtful, often hilarious, reflections on parenting Max and Sabrina)
· Thin Places—Faith, Family and Disability , a gentle and encouraging blog by Christian author Amy Julia Becker
· Bloom, an insightful collection of parenting essays by Louise Kinross and some outstanding guest posters
· Adjustable arm band pouch for keeping that MP3 player or iPod out of your child’s way http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/07/arm-band-pouch.html
· Or, as an alternative, try this iPod armband made from a t-shirt...it looks quite comfy! http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-make-ipodmp3-player-holder-for.html
· Kate at Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs has been running some awesome posts lately! Check these out:
· An app party this weekend at Apps for Special Needs, featuring oodles of free and cheap apps for the iPad and iPod
· GREAT fine motor activities at Therapy Fun Zone
· Cool technology suggestions for speech therapists at Speech Techie
Thanks for stopping by to celebrate! Let’s all raise our punch to another great year ahead!